| Esophageal Cancer Book
- The Official Patient's Sourcebook on Esophageal Cancer: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age (2002)
This book has been created for patients who have decided to make education and research an integral part of the treatment process. Although it also gives information useful to doctors, caregivers and other health professionals, it tells patients where and how to look for information covering virtually all topics related to esophageal cancer (also Cancer esophagus), from the essentials to the most advanced areas of research.
- 21st Century Complete Medical Guide to Esophageal Cancer - Authoritative Government Documents and Clinical References for Patients and Physicians with Practical Information on Diagnosis and Treatment Options (2002)
This up-to-date and comprehensive CD-ROM provides a superb collection of official Federal government documents on esophageal cancer: signs and symptoms, diagnosis, lab tests, treatment and management options, and ongoing clinical research. Every aspect of the disease is thoroughly covered. There is no other reference that is as fast, convenient, and portable - everything you need to know, from the federal sources you trust.
- Esophageal Cancer (2003)
This CD-ROM covers all the aspects of management of esophageal carcinoma. It contains illustrations, videoclips and interactive elements. This program is designed to give all necessary information for an effective diagnostic work-up and for modern multimodal treatment. It may be used by all doctors, who are interested in the oncological treatment of esophageal diseases.
- Color Atlas of Surgical Anatomy for Esophageal Cancer (1993)
- Oncogene Activation in Esophageal Cancer (Medical Intelligence Unit) (1992)
- Superficial Esophageal Neoplasm: Pathology, Diagnosis, and Therapy (2002)
Kyoto Univ., Japan. Book contains the proceedings of the 2000 Kyoto Symposium on Esophageal Cancer, held July 28-29, 2000, in Kyoto, Japan. Presents a consensus of internationally renowned authorities on the diagnosis and treatment of early esophageal cancer. For researchers and clinicians. DNLM: Esophageal Neoplasms--Congresses.
- The Complete Cancer Survival Guide: Everything You Must Know and Where to go For State-Of-The-Art Treatment of the 25 Most Common Forms of Cancer (2003)
Teeley, a cancer survivor, offers an indispensable guide for patients and health-care professionals. Because of his friendship with then Vice-President George Bush, for whom he worked as press secretary, Teeley learned about an experimental trial at Georgetown University's Lombardi Cancer Center. Teeley stresses that even without a connection, armed with research and the resources to ask questions, every cancer patient should be able to get the best available treatment.
- Esophageal Carcinoma: State of the Art (2000)
Klinik fur Chirurgie, St. Gallen, Germany. Based on the symposium (see title); site and date are not cited. Book presents an overview of the current state of knowledge in diagnosis, classification, surgical and multimodality therapy of malignant esophageal tumors. For clinicians and researchers.
- Cancer of the Esophagus : Approaches to the Etiology (1993)
The book describes the variety of factors thought to cause cancer of the gullet i.e. dietary deficiencies and consumption of mouldy food in China and South Africa, alcohol and tobacco use in Europe and USA, and other hazards in relation to the frequency of the disease in different parts of the world. The only environmental chemicals known to cause the disease in animals, the nitrosamines, are described. No other book exists which deals specifically with causes of oesophageal cancer, and the aim of this volume is to stimulate interest in one of the most common and lethal forms of cancer.
- Barrett's Esophagus and Esophageal Adenocarcinoma (2001)
Univ. of Kansas, Kansas City. Book provides an educational reference for researchers and clinicians and includes new insights into our understanding and treatment of patients with Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinoma. Extensive references and halftone illustrations are included. DNLM: Barrett Esophagus.
- Cancer of the Esophagus (1998)
- Barrett's Esophagus (2001)
Erasmus Univ. Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Comprehensive book with three sections covering anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, biology, epidemiology, and molecular pathology. Four sections are devoted to diagnosis and treatment. Extensive references. DNLM: Barrett Esophagus.
- Histological Typing of Oesophageal and Gastric Tumours (International Histological Classification of Tumours,) (1999)
An update of the 1977 edition, based on tissue samples collected at World Health Organization centers throughout the world. Provides a bridge between the purely morphological and the immunological classification of lymphomas. Considerable attention is paid to endocrine tumors. Photomicrographs comprise over half the book. Annotation copyright Book News, Inc. Portland, Or.
- Living Well With Cancer: A Nurse Tells You Everything You Need to Know About Managing the Side Effects of Your Treatment (2002)
- Gastrointestinal Oncology (1992)
Focusing on therapy, this book presents modern multimodality approaches to the detection, staging and treatment of gastrointestinal cancer that will be equally valuable to gastroenterologists, surgeons and radiation and medical oncologists. From a global perspective on gastrointestinal cancer through esophageal, gastric, pancreatic, colorectal and other gastrointestinal malignancies, leading authorities provide in-depth coverage of the field.