| Kidney Cancer Book
- Understanding Cancer of the Kidney (2000)
- What you need to know about kidney cancer (SuDoc HE 20.3152:K 54/990) (1990)
- 21st Century Complete Medical Guide to Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell, Transitional Cell, Wilm's Tumor) - Authoritative Government Documents and Clinical References for Patients and Physicians with Practical Information on Diagnosis and Treatment Options (2002)
This up-to-date and comprehensive CD-ROM provides a superb collection of official Federal government documents on kidney cancer: signs and symptoms, diagnosis, lab tests, treatment and management options, and ongoing clinical research. Every aspect of the disease is thoroughly covered. There is no other reference that is as fast, convenient, and portable - everything you need to know, from the federal sources you trust. Tumors covered include renal cell cancer, transitional cell (kidney/ureter), Wilms' tumor and other childhood kidney cancers.
- Kidney Cancer: Recent Results of Basic and Clinical Research (Contributions to Nephrology) (1999)
- Kidney Cancer (Cancer Treatment and Research, 116) (2003)
Univ. of California, Los Angeles. Book reviews present and future surgical approaches, staging and prognostic factors, currently accepted and future plans for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Also discusses metastatic renal cell carcinoma and current and future approaches. DNLM: Kidney Neoplasms--surgery.
- Renal Cancer: Methods and Protocols (2001)
Temple Univ., Philadelphia, PA. Book introduces the surgeon, clinician, investigator, and research scientist to the basic methods employed in the diagnosis and treatment of renal cancer. Includes in vivo assays for analyzing angiogenesis, antiangiogenesis, and renal tumor biology. DNLM: Kidney Neoplasms--diagnosis.
- The Complete Cancer Survival Guide: Everything You Must Know and Where to go For State-Of-The-Art Treatment of the 25 Most Common Forms of Cancer (2003)
Teeley, a cancer survivor, offers an indispensable guide for patients and health-care professionals. Because of his friendship with then Vice-President George Bush, for whom he worked as press secretary, Teeley learned about an experimental trial at Georgetown University's Lombardi Cancer Center. Teeley stresses that even without a connection, armed with research and the resources to ask questions, every cancer patient should be able to get the best available treatment.
- Carcinoma of the Kidney and Testis, and Rare Urologic Malignancies: Innovations in Management (Medical Radiology) (1998)
Univ. of Southern California, Los Angeles. Book discusses current knowledge in the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment for tumors of the kidneys, testis, and urinary tract. For practitioners and researchers. Halftone and color illustrations. Extensive references. DNLM: Urogenital Neoplasms--therapy.
- Renal, Bladder and Prostate Cancer: An update (1999)
Papers from an October 1998 conference review recent developments in the field of urological cancer, especially cancer of the kidney, the bladder, and the prostate. Coverage spans areas including interferons in metastatic renal cell carcinoma, prostate cancer in Japan, advances in radiotherapy of localized prostate cancer, antiandrogen monotherapy, new approaches to drug development in prostate cancer, gene therapy in metastatic transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, and approaches for chemotherapy of metastatic urothelial cancer. -- Copyright © 1999 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR All rights reserved
- Histological Typing of Kidney Tumours (1998)
Armed Forces Inst. of Pathology, Washington, D.C. Handbook of uniform terminology of tumors to facilitate communication among international cancer workers. Full-color slide illustrations. Softcover. DNLM: Kidney Neoplasms--classification.
- Damaged But Not Broken; A Personal Testimony of How to Deal with the Impact of Cancer (1996)
When Larry Burkett got cancer, all his financial expertise couldn't help him. But his faith in God could. In this book, Burkett reveals how he and his family weathered this crisis and shares what any family can do when confronted by devastating news.
- Tumors of the Kidney and Bladder (Atlas of Tumor Pathology, 3rd Series, Vol 11)
- Prostate and Renal Cancer, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Erectile Dysfunction and Basic Research: An Update (1999)
Researchers and clinicians from around the world report on recent advances in the treatment of cancer of the prostate and the kidney as well as benign prostatic hyperplasia and impotence. Nearly 50 contributions address such topics as the determinant s of sexual functioning in the aging male, the role of the stromal microenvironment in carcinogenesis of the prostate, and the modern molecular classification of renal cell carcinoma. Editor Bangma is with the urology department at the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam.Copyright © 2004 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR
- Renal, Bladder, Prostate and Testicular Cancer: An Update (2001)
This cutting-edge clinical reference presents the latest findings and procedures concerning the diagnosis, treatment, management, and prognosis of renal, bladder, prostate and testicular cancer. Leading international authorities deal with the full range of clinical issues of paramount importance in oncological urology.
- Renal Cell Carcinoma: Molecular Biology, Immunology, and Clinical Management (2001)
A survey of the past decade of clinical, biological, and pathological knowledge, and discuss how to apply it to the management of both localized and advanced renal cell carcinoma. Bukowski (Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center) and Novick (Cleveland Clinic Foundation) present 26 discussions which include developments in molecular genetics and immune dysfunction, and treat the roles of partial nephrectomy, radical nephrectomy, and laparoscopy.
- Wilms' Tumor (Nephroblastoma and Related Renal Neoplasm of Childhood)
- Renal cell carcinoma : diagnostic and therapeutic applications of monoclonal antibodies
This booklet has been written for people who have been diagnosed with cancer of the thyroid, as well as their family and friends. It discusses the different types, causes, symptoms and treatments of the illness. The guide informs the reader on how to cope with thyroid cancer and outlines BACUP's services to cancer patients, as well as providing a list of other useful organizations and a recommended reading list.
- Renal Cell Carcinoma: Immunotherapy and Cellular Biology (1993)
Chronicles the proceedings of an international symposium in 1991 (perhaps in Cleveland) reviewing the current knowledge about the immunology and molecular biology of renal cell carcinoma, the spontaneous regression of which is one of features that fascinate scientists. The 29 papers discuss clinical features, the molecular biology, cell-mediated immune response and adoptive immunotherapy, interleukin-2 and other cytones, and chemical, chemicoimmune, and combination therapies. Annotation copyright Book News, Inc. Portland, Or.
- Biology of Renal Cell Carcinoma (1990)
Atlas of Tumor Pathology: Tumors of the Kidney, Renal Pelvis, and Ureter (Second Series, Fascicle 12)